Quick one for your here. I recently had problems installing Elementary OS on my Ezbook 3 Pro. The ISO file is below!
After using isorespin.sh on the ISO for 0.4.1 Loki, it finally worked and I could boot into Elementary OS!
Click here to download the new ISO (Google Drive). Just burn it to a USB (I used the dd command in Linux) and boot from that USB.
Note: Use at your own risk, I don’t offer support.
Extra Note: the touchpad doesn’t really work – use a USB mouse.
How to install Elementary OS on an Jumper Ezbook 3 Pro
If you prefer you can repeat the steps I did. Just follow them:
- Boot into Linux on another machine with at least 15GB of free space. You can also use a virtual machine which won’t be covered here.
- Once in Linux, download the isorespin.sh script to your Linux machine.
- Now download the Elementary OS ISO from their website.
- Run the Terminal and
- Now install the dependencies:
apt -y install bc curl klibc-utils iproute2 genisoimage dosfstools squashfs-tools rsync unzip wget findutils xorriso
- Make the isorespin.sh script read/writable:
chmod 777 isorespin.sh
- Run the isorespin.sh script:
isorespin.sh -i elementaryos-0.4.1-stable.20170814.iso --apollo
- Once it’s finished, it will tell you it has done successfully.
- Now use dd in Linux to burn it to the USB (you need to find out what the path of your USB is first):
dd if=linuxium-apollo-elementaryos-0.4.1-stable.20170814.iso of=/dev/<USB DEVICE> bs=4M
- Now boot that USB and viola!